Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Gift cards have always been used by businesses to ensure the loyalty of their customers and as an employee incentive. Statistics from Mage Plaza reveal that global digital gift card sales are projected to hit $698.2 billion by 2024. In addition, a recent survey revealed that 93% of Americans either purchased or received a gift card in 2015.
If you are lucky enough to receive an Xbox gift card, you have an option to choose the gift you want. There are no fees or expiration dates. You can use gift cards as payments for Xbox Live membership or exchange for Microsoft Points for game download purchases. Gift cards have a 25-character code on the back. The code is usually sent through the email address of the consumer. This eliminates the need for physical cards. The good thing about gift cards is that they do not require a credit card.
Xbox gift cards are available through physical or online stores. With Xbox gift cards, you have the option to add the amount to your Microsoft account for future Xbox purchases or purchase with cash for transmittal to your account. When redeeming a gift card, the amount indicated gets added to your Microsoft account balance. In addition, you can use gift cards to buy the following:
· Subscriptions such as Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
· Popular games, apps, and add-ons
· Latest movies and the hottest television shows
· Accessories and devices
Here are the different ways you can use your gift card:
Xbox Live Gold membership. This is valid for 12 to 24 months on average, depending on the type of gift card that you purchased either online or in the store.
Xbox Music Pass card. With an Xbox Music Pass, you can get unlimited access to all their favorite music. A Premium card allows ad-free listening experience on all their devices. With a Music Pass, you get access to millions of songs on your computer, tablet, Xbox, phone, and online. You can download music for offline listening. Created playlists automatically sync on all devices.
Microsoft Points cards are the currency of Xbox. The points you earned can be used to purchase downloads, content, and games on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Microsoft point cards have no expiration date and are always redeemable from your account. You can also use your points to earn bitcoin. Gift cards can be used for redeeming specific items available on the Xbox.
All prepaid codes can be redeemed in the same way. However, depending on the code, your account will be affected differently. When redeeming the Xbox gift card, the value is credited to your Microsoft account as a local currency.
How to redeem from your Xbox console
Prepaid codes can be easily recognized because they come in the form of 25-character codes printed on the back of a card purchased from a retailer. These prepaid codes can be used even without a credit card. They can be redeemed either from your Xbox console or through a web browser.
To redeem the gift card from your Xbox console, simply go to the Microsoft website. Once there, you can do the following steps:
1. Sign in to Xbox Live using the account the prepaid code should go to. Squeeze the Xbox manual button in the middle of the controller.
2. Go to Games and Apps, select Redeem Code. Enter the 25-character prepaid code and select done. Click Yes when prompted to confirm the redemption.
From a web browser
You can redeem all types of prepaid codes, Xbox cards, and Music Passcards from a web browser and have them applied to your account immediately. Here are the steps:
1. From your browser, type Xbox.com
2. Go to Redeem Code and sign in using the Microsoft account where the card amount will be credited.
3. Enter the 25-character prepaid code
4. Click Redeem Code.
When using your Xbox gift card, there are some things you need to remember:
1. The Xbox gift card cannot be used to purchase content from the Xbox 360 Marketplace or Xbox 360 content on the Xbox One.
2. Make sure that the currency on the Xbox gift card matches that of the currency on the recipient’s billing account. Otherwise, the recipient will not be able to redeem the gift card.
3. Also, check that the country of the gift card you will redeem matches the country associated with your billing account. Otherwise, you will not be able to use those funds.
4. Once you have redeemed the gift card, the funds won’t be transferred to your Microsoft or Xbox account.
Xbox gift cards can help businesses encourage customers to keep on using their consoles or purchasing online. They are like a reward to the consumer for their loyalty to the company. When you receive Xbox gift cards, it can also help draw the attention of other consumers.